Saturday, February 7, 2009

A few reminders...

Please know that while I am away that I will be thinking of each of you often. While I know I will make some incredible friends in the Peace Corps and that I will have a new "family" of sorts, no one can replace you. No matter what it is that I am doing or who I am with, I will wish that you were also there to experience it alongside me. While you are here celebrating birthdays and weddings, I will also be celebrating with you on the other side of the world. Know that I would love nothing more than to share Africa with you and that I will always have a place for your smiling face in my hut if you choose to visit. Please mail me photos of everyone and everything often. Please e-mail me every chance you get and tell me everything; never feel that you are bothering me with your problems or triumphs. Know that I would love to hear from anyone and everyone. Know that I have every intention of returning after the end of my service and that I am safe. And last, but not least, please remember me; I need your more than you know.

4 comments:

Truly Unique Crochet said...

Ok so, I hope you had a safe trip and I wanted to let you know as I was reading this post, you about made me cry! I had no idea you were such an amazing writer! I'll keep you posted on when my second bundle of joy arrives. Have a great time and stay safe! Love you-

Tracey said...

How was your trip?
I am sure you will touch many lives while you are there and make many new friends!

Anonymous said...

Hey Autumn, didn't know if you got the first note, but I have your mom on the phone and we are going to try it again. "Damn computer illiterate people" and of course that wouldn't be your mom and your aunt!!! anyway if you didn't get the note it was from me and Courtney, just expressing how proud of you we are and for sure we will stay in close contact with you. Be safe and we LOVE YOU!!!

Unknown said...

We were so happy to receive your call letting us know that you arrived safely. Your sisters are already asking to come visit you. I don't suppose they have any 5 Star huts do they? Just kidding! We are proud of you and love you very much.